- Electric power is sufficiently available
- Thamirabarani, a perennial river is the main source of water
- Proximity to Airport & Sea port
- Well connected by roads and rails
- Thoothukudi port is just 50 kms away from Tirunelveli.
- Air port is situated 30 km away from Tirunelveli
- Major Cities are being connected by 4 way lane.
- Due to the literacy ratio of 68 % sufficient educated manpower is available.
KUDANKULAM ATOMIC POWER PROJECT 1 & 2
Location : Kudankulam, Tirunelveli District, Tamilnadu
Capacity : 2 x 1000 MW
Date of Commercial Production : Unit 1 : December 2009
Unit 2 : December 2010
Nos : 2738
Installed capacity : 2184182 ( 2184 MW)
HYDRO ELECTRIC POWER PLANTS
Installed capacity : 333 MW
HYDRO ELECTRIC PLANTS
Papanasam 4 x 8 MW = : 32 MW
Servalar power House 1 x 20MW= 20 MW
= 52 MW
Raw materials and scope available :
- Lime stone is the major mineral available in Rastha, Thalaiyoothu, Sankarnagar & Padmaneri.
- Lime stone available here contain calcium oxide (CaO) from 34.57% to 55.49 %, Magnesium oxide (MgO) from 0.31% to 7.24 %.
- Lime industries manufacturing raw lime powder, burnt lime and Cem powder numbering about 65 are available in Manur block.
- Red Garnet sands and ilmenite are available in the river beds of Nambiyar, as well as in Seashore lands of Radhapuram Taluk.
- Garnet sand & Abrasives, are separated and exported.
- There are about 25 numbers of medium and major industries are functioning.
- Major products are Cement, Cotton yarn, Sugar, Cotton seed oil, Printing paper and Flour products.